photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Copy-Cat Cookies


If you have been following my blog for long you know that my favorite flavor is lemon.  I love the sweet yet tangy-ness of how the acid in the lemon fills up the entire dish of whatever you are cooking.  Well, for a while I have been wanting to learn a good lemon cookie recipe.  One of my favorite restaurants in the entire world, Cross Creek Sandwich Shop, makes lemon cookies that are absolutely to die for.  So what did I have to do?  I had to try and replicate it.  With the help of some friends and a key ingredient (lemon cake mix) I think I have almost perfected my copy-cat cookie.

They are so easy to make and, if done perfectly, you will eat the entire batch.  Don't say I didn't warn you!!


What you will need:

Cookie Mix (makes 12):
One box Lemon Cake Mix
One egg
One stick of butter
Vanilla - to taste


Frosting Mix (will frost 48 cookies):
One bag of powdered sugar
One box (8 oz) of cream cheese
One stick of butter
Vanilla (to taste)



The Process:
Literally all you have to do is mix it all up! The most important step is to make the ball big enough.  These need to be about 2 inches across by 1.5 inch thick.  (yes it is a science) The cookies in the end, if you made the ball big enough, should end up being the size of a coaster.  You must make sure that you let the fully cool because the hotter the icing gets, the runnier and messier it will get.

FROSTING:

I usually freeze my frosting (and it will stay good forever - just make your frosting, put it in a container, and keep it until your next lemon cookie experience!).  Therefore, when I put it on the cookie it is a lot easier to work with.  it might take you a couple of cookies to figure out how much icing to use because it will spread and run.  I usually put a dap on the top of all of the cookies and let it melt and spread itself!


Enjoy!  Let me know if you like them!



Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment