There goes another year. But I'm alive and healthy so that is a lot more than a lot of people at my age (especially if you've watched Dallas Buyers Club - I haven't seen it, but that's what I hear). Every year the day comes and the day passes. Already it's mid-afternoon and I'm wondering where my day has gone. My BIRTH DAY! I was born at 2:03 pm so I have a couple more hours until I am officially 25 years old, but the day is literally flying by.
Quarter of a century. WOW! And what do I have to show for it? I've completed a lot. High School, College, Grad School, My First Job, My first cross-country move, my first and second and third half-marathon, Lots of books, killed multiple iPhones, lots of boys. I haven't killed lots of boys... there have just been lots of boys. Just a lot has happened. So I want to make this year count. I didn't put a ton of thought into it - just made a list of things I can accomplish and some things that would be challenging and then others, I'll be lucky if I complete.
So many of the challenges in my 25th year are things I want to do in my life. So why not mark them off the list and replace them with better more challenging things. I have decided that #24 Journal Everyday - I will journal everyday about my life as a 25 year old. It might be cool. And it might be trash. We will see.
That is what this process is about - seeing how far I can push myself to do things out of the norm. Change it up a bit. 25 years is too long to live life the same. This next Quarter of a Century will definitely be interesting. Can you imagine what will happen....Okay, sidetracked! That is a whole other post. Follow me on Instagram here at Abby_Turner or on Twitter here at Abby_Turner or #25while25
It's going to be fun
So here we go. To a new year. To a new list. And to 25 challenging, fun, easy, and unpredictable moments to come!
10. It's a GREAT thing for everyone… even if it is uncomfortable right now!
9. The SEC Network will not have High School Games, no plans to show bowl games, and will not host the coach's shows of any SEC member institution.
8. There will be SEC Sports and sports-related programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, just like SEC Nation, and come August, SEC TV will no longer exist.
7. This is a conference-wide network. The goal is to provide equitable exposure for each of the SEC member institutions. The SEC Network will achieve this goal without each school having its own block of time to program.
6. The digital network (the 1,000 games from 4.) will be just like WatchEPSN. You must have the cable provider login in order to watch the programs (meaning you must have AT&T U-Verse or DISH).
5. The first game on the SECNETWORK is Texas A&M at South Carolina on August 28th, 2014.
4. Over 1,000 games will be produced for the network and digital site. 450 of those 1,000 will be live on television. There will be about 45 football games, over 100 MBB games, 60 WBB games, 75 Baseball, 50 softball, and 120 Olympic sport events will be live on the network.
3. If a game is on the SEC Network - the ONLY way to watch that game is to have a cable provider that has the SEC-Network. As of today AT&T U-VERSE and DISH are the only 2 providers that have bought the SEC Network for their subscribers. Click here for the story.
2. YOU CAN NOT BUY SEC-NETWORK GAMES ANYWHERE. It's AT&T U-Verse, DISH, or LIVE in stadium.
1. Want the SEC Network on your Cable Provider. You can pressure your cable provider at GETSECNETWORK.com. Click now and tell them you want it!
Have any more questions? Leave a comment and I will answer them! Oh and the best part about the SEC Network… guess who will be a host?