photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Thursday, April 19, 2012

On Fire!

What are you on fire for?

I can tell you first and foremost I am on fire for what my God is doing in lives here on Baylor's campus.  My job allows me to get to know some pretty incredible athletes.  Most people see them on the court, but I get to know them more everyday.  It's unbelievable the type of people they are.  They don't just have talent on the court and field, they have hearts so big and so full.  Each and everyday when they come in my office, appointment or just dropping by, they make me smile!  Some days are tough - I sit in my office just waiting for the clock to strike 5... but when these players come in, and there is no exception - they all do it, they brighten my day.  Every single athlete.  God is moving in these athlete's hearts.  And that is special to me.  This morning I listened to our Sports Chaplain speak about Baylor Athletics and in a couple of weeks a large number (I thin something like 50) athletes are headed to Kenya.  WOW!  Most athletes get the stereotype of arrogant, selfish, and tuned out.  But not these bears.  Wes talked about the humility that is on our campus and how these guys are just here to play and play hard - and they don't play hard without loving and appreciating the support staff and coaches that surround them on a daily basis.  There is not a single day where I don't feel appreciated or loved for the minuscule part I play in the Baylor Athletic Department.  So Sic Em Bears!  The year isn't over yet.  And if you aren't a Baylor Fan - become one.  Bleed the Green and Gold!

Keep checking my site and I am getting ready to have a Baylor Give Away for some Baylor Gear!  So you too can be a Green and Gold Fan!  



I am reminded daily that I am so small and my God is so Big!  This is my computer screen and it really helps me remember I am NOT the Savior - I am just here to tell people about God's mercy and grace.  I am reminded about setting the WORLD on fire for God in this song... And it has really encouraged me today.  So I hope it encourages you:


Set the World On Fire:
Britt Nicole
I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for You
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do


I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father's hands

Take my dreams
Come and give them wings





Lord with You
Nothing I cannot do
Nothing I cannot do

My hands my feet
My everything
My life, my love
Lord, use me

I wanna set the world on fire
I wanna set the world on fire, yeah

Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I cannot do
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
There's nothing I can't do
Nothing I can't do

I'm gonna set the world on fire
Set the world on fire


 This is sweet Baylor and the Great Dane that lives next door Zeus.  We were playing the other day and they are adorable playing together, but we wanted to show you the size difference in 2 dogs!!  How crazy is that!  But even thought Zeus could demolish Baylor... He doesn't - because I know that he secretly loves the little guy!


This picture just makes me happy!  Also if you have or know where I can get these shoes... i need them (like yesterday) hahaHave a charmed day full of bliss from the LORD!!! He is our Risen Savior! - Abby








No comments:

Post a Comment