photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Empowerment


of course I am procrastinating today.  Today is my first final of my spring semester of Grad school and needlesstosay I am freaking out.  I just want to crawl back in bed and ignore the changing world around me because it comes and goes too fast.  As I end this semester and look ahead to the incredibly fast summer approaching and the next and possibly final semester at Baylor.  I am saddened by the end of a journey and I don't want it to end - and so I am contemplating the reason why I even leaving in the first place.

I have recently gotten an incredible internship for the 2013 year.  Yes, the entire year.  But it is an incredible internship and I would love to take the job - however, is that where God wants me.  Is that where I need to be?  Dean McKinney at Ouachita Baptist University always told me that you go where you want and God will use you there.  Those are wise words to live be because so many times I think we get caught up in the mindset of "What if I don't go where God needs me to go."  - Who cares!  He is the God of the Universe!  He will use you wherever you are.

Having said that - where do I want to go!  I have no idea.  It's times like these that I envy the married couple.  The way they are able to make decisions together and they have someone to travel and to work and to eat with everyday.  On a tangent (because I am good at those!):  I was watching The View the other day and the guy on there said that most people say "I Do" to the current situation - but fail to look to the future to the different circumstances that can pervade their life and marriage.  Take for instance cancer, children, miscarriages, deaths etc... They don't think about these factors - instead they focus on the 'honeymoon phase'. 
ANOTHER TANGENT:  This weekend I witnessed the sweetest marriage that I have seen since the last wedding I went to - Natalie and Ben Tsch... haha I don't know how to spell their name :)  I saw two people madly in love with each other.  You could tell.  It was amazing and the love of two people was there BUT the love of Christ shown through.  They did it right.  The preacher, as the father of the bride walked Jessica down the isle, said God created marriage as a gift and so the father brings forth his daughter as a gift.  WOW.  what symbolism in that statement and in that marriage. 

I want to be in love - one day.  I take for granted the freedom and independence I have right now.  However, I know that God is doing a good work in my life.  And so ONE DAY - i will meet this man that I will live forever with.  And it will be awesome.  Until then... I will love my life at baylor.
 
this is Ashley and i at the Academic Banquet the other night - More pictures to come!










I love getting books on Amazon A.) they are cheaper and B.) they come at random times and so it's like Christmas morning!!  I can't wait to dive into these short stories! 

 
I know that you know Baylor Basketball has won the National NCAA Championship... But one thing you might now know - is that these are the girls I see and spend my days with... And they are so much more than some girls in jerseys playing with an orange ball on a wooden floor - they are funny, sassy, and some of my funnest friends in Waco. 
 


Meet Odyssey Sims - second from the right



Jordan and I (far right) - My favorite one - she is hilarious!!  And always gives me shout outs around the campus... I love Baylor and I don't know what I would do without my athletes and how much fun they are!

 
 
Do everything with Joy and the mindset that God is using you!!
Be Charmed today and Have a Blissful afternoon :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I want to fall in love too, but until then, maybe we should plan a class of 2011 reunion at homecoming. Between the two of us, we pretty much know the whole campus. :)

    ReplyDelete