photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pretty Pretty Princess


My sweet little princess, Jessica, I know that I have talked about her so much in the past - but I am so proud of her.  This week in Special Families, a branch of the Little Rock Families magazine, was featured in an article and on the front cover!! 

Needless to say I am so proud!  She is so involved in Special Olympics!  In fact, the entire time that we were taking pictures for this magazine (at North Little Rock High School's track) Jessica would not stop running the track.  I bet she ran 10 laps around that track!  She is so sweet and adorable.  I love spending time with her.

In fact, this weekend I had the opportunity to play Miracle League baseball with her.  Miracle League is a baseball organization for children with disabilities.  Buddies come out and help these children play baseball every Saturday and give the parents a chance to sit down and just watch. 





This is an incredible opportunity for kids to break the uncomfortable barrier that is sometimes put up between them and children with disabilities.  I had so much fun!  I encourage you to find a Miracle League field near you and just show up.  We had probably 5 kids at the game I was at this weekend that did not have buddies.  Just think about that - there are 10 games every Saturday.  And 5 kids per game - that is 50 kids on Saturday that did not have a "friend" helping them play baseball..

So get out and help!  Just look at how much fun I had! 







I have posted a couple of cupcakes on my other blog Miss Cupcake Queen so go check them out and let your mouth water!  They are some good ones today!  Just to get ready... I am posting one of my Miss Arkansas videos from last year!  I can't wait for another fun week at Miss Arkansas this year!  Get ready!

I hope you are having a blessed day!

1 Corinthians 10:31


Whether therefore you are eating, or drinking, but whatever you do, do all for the glory of God.

Be Charmed today! 

Abby

Enjoy my little video! I can't wait!




























No comments:

Post a Comment