photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Thursday, January 15, 2015

[un]-controlled chaos

I want to share a prayer with you.  One that I turn to when I feel hopeless, out of control, one that I should use more often.  Don't just read this prayer. Pray it.  Don't just hear this prayer.  Feel it.  And at the end of the prayer... be changed.  Far too many times we pray prayers and we read texts that tell us to do one thing, and we do another.  We become our own worst enemy and we make turn our fears into reality.  

What do I want you to receive from reading this post?  Peace. Pure Peace from the Protector, the Controller, your Lover - the One who desires you more than anyone else in this world.  

Dear Heavenly Father, 
Just when we settle into a pattern, 
Things change far too quickly. 
One door opens; another closes.
We rise, we eat, we sleep. 
We smile, we laugh, we cry. 
Even change itself is ever changing and
Lord, if I'm truthful, I don't like change. 
Because I desire Control.
Will you forgive my lack of understanding
that Your creation is exquisite?
Would you remind me that the back and forth of life
Is rippled by Your gifts of love and laughter?
And that life is measured by memories, not minutes?
May these seasons challenge me to charge ahead
Towards another beautiful season of
Your blessings. 

This is short. But I needed to pray this with someone - so thank you for praying with me. 


Abby

1 comment: