photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Working Hard




I've been working a lot lately.  More than usual - well scratch that not more than usual.  It's been overwhelming.  I moved in May (if you didn't know that) to Birmingham Alabama and am currently working in the Athletic Department at Samford University.  It has been a neat experience seeing the changes in the department over the last 6 months, but I won't lie to you it has been difficult.  In the last several weeks it's been harder than I have ever imagined it being.  Maybe it's because I'm dating, maybe it's because the holidays, maybe it's because I despise and loathe basketball season... but it has been hard. 

I have been questioning if this is even what I want to do with my life.  Anyone shocked reading this? I love my job.  This is what I thought I was supposed to be doing - why am I hating it all of the sudden?  

[insert Jesus.]

1 Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord."

Can you say Thank you Jesus.  Sometimes when I am falling apart, which lets face it - happens more often to me then most people, I reword Bible verses and substitute my words to speak to my current situation.  

DISCLAIMER: I am not GOD, nor do I believe my words are better than GOD'S... however, I do believe the Holy Spirit is in me and thus helping me apply His Word to my life. 

1 Corinthians 15:58 (AP Version [Abby's Paraphrased Version] hehe)

"Hold up, Abby, be strong, have patience, sit with the Lord, and always be enthusiastic in your work no matter your circumstances or your situations, but know that when you work with enthusiasm and an opposite Spirit - you are showing MY [Christ's] love to those around you.  That work is not in vain and that work is what I have sent you to do, because when you are happy and when you LOVE others in your work - you are glorifying Me."

So not exactly paraphrased... Abby's Extended Paraphrased Version :) 

Maybe you aren't going through this at work, but chances are there will be something in your life that comes up and will challenge you and you will want to quit.  Remember - do it with joy!  Show people how to work for the Lord in any profession!  

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment