photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

I am writing this from work.  Yes, work on a Thursday night at 8:30 pm and on Valentine's Day!  Sic Em!

Today was a great day besides the fact that I feel like I am getting the flu and am achy all over.  I started my day with an intense workout - the hardest one all week.  It's beginning to take a toll on my body.  I have started working out - more on that in a later post!  

When I got home I turned on GMA and you will not believe what I found!  A shotgun wedding entitled Love in a Flash.  Whoever thought this was a good idea was nuts!  However, I will give ABC props on using other networks and shows to help create a great marketing outlet for businesses such as Cake Boss, Kleinfields, and the restaurant in Manhattan that they had their reception at later today.  If my man EVER tries to do that for me - I will say no on the spot.  I cannot wait to plan my wedding.  I know that many of you reading that have planned a wedding, or two, in your lifetime are probably thinking I am crazy.  But if I have waited 24+ years to get married - I can wait a few more months and plan my own!  It really kind of frustrated me.  But it looked exciting - just now my kind of exciting.  
I then received a text from my mom with the best
words of wisdom for Valentine's Day.  

She wrote:

"You aren't single because no one loves you or because no one wants you,
you are single because you were smart enough to say NO to the
one's that wanted or want to be apart of your life."

Amen.  That is all I have to say.  

I have had my share of boyfriends and Valentines. However, this year
is NOT one of those years.  I am single and I am loving it.  

Actually, today was not hard being single.  Which is strange if you know me.
If you know me, I am the first to cry at a wedding, at love.  I love LOVE.  What more can I say.  
I want it so badly. 

But for Lent, I decided that I would give up:
"the idea of marriage, love, and dating."

I tweeted yesterday that:

The thing that consumes my life:  thinking about Love instead of focusing on HIS LOVE for me!

So today was NOT about love that I didn't have - it was about
HIS LOVE FOR ME and the fact that in 40 days (not counting Sundays) He will Die on the
cross for MY SINS!  Sins I commit everyday.  Sins that 
we all commit.  WHY?  Because He loved US!
Happy Valentine's Y'all!!

So I haven't blogged about Cupcakes in FOREVER!  So I thought today we could talk about some way cute ones.  Check out this sign in a cupcake shop in Vermont.  Click here to find it!  Isn't this the best saying!  I would have much rather had one dozen cupcakes today then one dozen roses.  Oh wait - I didn't get either.  I guess it is better that I didn't have flowers (Baylor might have eaten them up!) and as for the cupcakes - BodyBuilder Brandon might not have liked that.  hehe

I then found these other two cute cupcakes that look scrum-didli-umpcious!  I just love how for every holiday cupcakes can be decorated and adorned with just the right embellishments to make the day special.  They are the perfect size (some of them) and are such a sweet and sassy moment of the day.  



XOXO
This is such a cute idea for cupcakes.  I can't imagine how they did this - but how fun is it to put your letters in the middle!  What if you did that for a wedding - I wonder if they could do your monogram or last name initial?  How fun would that be?  These cupcakes just made me happy.  




Mini lemon-blueberry cupcake, topped with vanilla frosting and a dove chocolate heart.

 

Can I get a standing ovation?  This cupcake would make my day, my year, and my life!  I love lemon-blueberry and if someone would have gotten me this cupcake i would have died!  The only way it could have been better would be if it had a dove chocolate wrapped on top.  Everyone knows the only good part of dove chocolate's are the unwrapping to get your message!!  

Have a great Valentine's Day!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment