photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Been a Long Weekend


Your relationship with God is something that should take precedence over everything.  It should be the most important thing.  I read on a blog the other day that the thing that readers like the most is a genuine authentic post.

So I am going to be honest with you.  Lately I have not been in God's word as much as I have been.  Maybe that is due to moving to Waco, adjustments at work, my graduate program - but regardless of what is going on in my daily life, God should ALWAYS be a part of it.  Daily.  Constantly.

I watched a movie the other night called Saving Sarah Cain.  One of the last scenes is a girl reading a letter from her sister, and this is what she says, "God I pray that you save Sarah's heart. When we were little she knew you and she prayed to you and as she grew older she lost touch.  But you never quit waiting for her.  You loved her and continue to wait for the day that she returns to your loving arms."

Wow.  I heard that and almost began to cry because that is kind of how I have been.  I have fallen out of the routine of reading, meditating, and hiding His word in my heart.

So today on my way to church I just prayed that God would give me discernment to what the pastor was trying to say.  I got it.

Exodus 19-20

God only wanted the Israelites in the wilderness for 11 days - that's how long it would have taken them to walk from Egypt into the Promised Land.  However, because o their fear and the sin that they had in their life - It took 40 years.  God needed them in the wilderness so he could teach them to depend on him, what faith was all about, and to give them rules to follow and so that they would learn to obey him.

In my life right now I feel like I was on day 10 - I was almost to the Promised Land and I was fearing my life and the steps that I was about to take and was taking - I was not TRUSTING  him.  Needless to say - I have been disobeying his commandment to put him first and nothing else.  So now I have to be away from things that I love - I have to separate myself, work on things, and focus on Him in my life right now.  I don't want to  sound self-righteous, but I felt like God was definitely speaking to me.

I know that we have all heard of those people that say God Told Me This... etc. etc. etc... But this time I believe it.  God didn't verbally tell me this, but I prayed for discernment and I believe he answered.  So now I am in the wilderness.  WOO. ha


Read the lyrics of this song:  I am writing about this song today because a very special person introduced it to me.  It didn't hit me, the words I mean, until this morning in worship.  God spoke to me and then made it concrete with this song.  I am running into his arms in this time in my life.  Nothing compares to the feeling that I feel right now.  And as I am writing this blog - it is raining here in Waco.  After over 100 days without rain - a break...  A little bit of 'Grace like rain.'  we all need a grace period in our life.  I am taking mine now - but that doesn't mean I won't return better... I am going to be back and better than ever!!!!

Hillsong:
You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost its sting

Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go

Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

My heart will sing
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus

Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign



WATCH IT HERE!  

Charmed Bliss,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment