photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cravings...


About this time every year I get an inredible craving for anything and everything blueberry and lemon!  It is really ridiculous because they are the two most random foods - but together they are delicious!  Especially if you put them in a cupcake.  Head over the MissCupcakeQueen.blogspot.com to see my posts about cupcakes.  I am doing an explosion of lemon blueberry cupcakes this week -- needless to say I am super excited about it. 


My new favorite app on my phone is called FoodGawker.  It is pinterest except it is all food!  And when you click on something - it gives you the recipe and the blog or website that it comes from!  It is amazing for food junkies like myself who are obsessed with a certain type of food, especially right now.  I am able to look at all of the wonderful lemon blueberry desserts - it is certainly my angel from God. haha

















 
Please tell me that you are as hungry as I am right now for these desserts.  Do they not look amazing! 
 
Now for my shoutout from a blog that I follow. 
 
Her name is Ashley and she is a blogger over at the High Heeled Hostess
 
Today she blogged about her Lemonade Cake. 
Here is her recipe:::  It just looks delicious - I will definitely make this for my husband (or just me) one day.
 
Cake:
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar 
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
  • 3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • large eggs 
  • large egg whites
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
  • Cooking spray 
  • Frosting:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
  • 2 teaspoons thawed lemonade concentrate
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • Preparation

    1. Preheat oven to 350°.
    2. To prepare cake, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition.
    3. Pour batter into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray; sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
    4. To prepare frosting, place 2 tablespoons butter and the next 4 ingredients (2 tablespoons butter through cream cheese) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, and beat at low speed just until blended (do not overbeat). Chill 1 hour.
    5. Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Store cake loosely covered in the refrigerator.




      I hope you have nejoyed lemon and blueberry as much as I have today!!  Enjoy my post of food!




      Charmed Bliss
      Abby

    No comments:

    Post a Comment