photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Monday, March 10, 2014

Statistically - people that have birthdays, live longer.



There goes another year.  But I'm alive and healthy so that is a lot more than a lot of people at my age (especially if you've watched Dallas Buyers Club - I haven't seen it, but that's what I hear).  Every year the day comes and the day passes.  Already it's mid-afternoon and I'm wondering where my day has gone.  My BIRTH DAY! I was born at 2:03 pm so I have a couple more hours until I am officially 25 years old, but the day is literally flying by.   

Quarter of a century.  WOW! And what do I have to show for it?  I've completed a lot. High School, College, Grad School, My First Job, My first cross-country move, my first and second and third half-marathon, Lots of books, killed multiple iPhones, lots of boys.  I haven't killed lots of boys... there have just been lots of boys.  Just a lot has happened.  So I want to make this year count.  I didn't put a ton of thought into it - just made a list of things I can accomplish and some things that would be challenging and then others, I'll be lucky if I complete. 

So many of the challenges in my 25th year are things I want to do in my life.  So why not mark them off the list and replace them with better more challenging things.  I have decided that #24 Journal Everyday - I will journal everyday about my life as a 25 year old.  It might be cool.  And it might be trash. We will see.  

That is what this process is about - seeing how far I can push myself to do things out of the norm.  Change it up a bit.  25 years is too long to live life the same.  This next Quarter of a Century will definitely be interesting.  Can you imagine what will happen....Okay, sidetracked!  That is a whole other post.  Follow me on Instagram here at Abby_Turner or on Twitter here at Abby_Turner or #25while25

It's going to be fun

So here we go.  To a new year. To a new list. And to 25 challenging, fun, easy, and unpredictable moments to come!
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment