photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Friday, March 21, 2014

The normal stuff.

Finally, it's Friday.  The thing is - my week is JUST BEGINNING. You see in the world of sports - the weekend is the most hectic, busy, and overwhelming, which means, unlike 99% of the world, I look forward to Mondays.  Quiet and evaluating.  It's simple and I love it. 

This week, however, has not been quiet and evaluating.  It has been long and taxing. Everyday was filled with something after work and man, by the end of the week I am exhausted. Who cares right? I work in sports - and I have a "dream job".  Fact. [sometimes]

Today it is imperative that I live out Nehemiah 8:10 [the verse my blog is named after], and not just figuratively, I must believe it with every muscle fiber in my body and literally live this out.  I have no strength today to do anything and I am going to need all the energy I can get at 4:00 pm today when Tennis hosts Kids Day for dozens of kids, and I'm in charge. Oh. Boy. 

So today - the JOY of the LORD is my STRENGTH! And I will live this out.  

Last night I shared my "Story" with my lifegroup - it was so intimidating, at one point I was shaking. Anyways, I remembered most of the most important parts of my story - however I thought you would find it interesting that I left out these parts:

- Moving to Columbia
- 2 ex-boyfriends
- The job dilemma of the Spring of 2013
- My baptism. WOW - can't believe I forgot that one
- The beginning of my mascot career at OBU
and the last thing I can remember about forgetting:
-mission trips, bible camps, etc.. that I attended that shaped me today. 

Isn't it funny the things we forget in our story.  My story is full of great things and I think last night I used my story to hit on my sin struggles and where I had repented in my life and how I had overcome those things, as encouragement to my fellow travelers.  However, the best parts of my story are my birth into eternal life and full redemption throughout my life.  Isn't it funny that even though joy and eternal life is a bi-product of the repentance process, I left those parts out, and only focused on the negative.  Strange to think about.  

Have a great day!
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment