10. Keeps you on your toes - you never know what you will be doing! And I love it. Everyday I come to work with the expectation that I could be doing everything from scheduling tweets to running around town doing grassroots - and I love the unknown, however, some days it would be nice to just sit in the office.
9. The Atmosphere. I love being on the edge of games and actually feeling like you are a part of the game. We work so hard in marketing to create such a great environment to cheer on the team - that when we see a great crowd and an intense game, it's great to feel like you had a hand in that.
8. The Clothes. Not going to lie. We get hooked up! I love wearing my Gamecock stuff, and when I was a Baylor Bear I loved wearing my Baylor stuff. It is all about where your loyalty is at that moment - and currently mine is with South Carolina. So needless to say, when it is raining - I wear my jacket, when it is warm, I wear my vest, and when I am traveling I have 4 different travel bags to choose from. And its awesome.
7. Relocation. Now most of the time I say this is the worst part of sports, but let's consider the positive. How cool is it that by the age of 25, I have successfully lived in the great state of Texas AND on the east coast and traveled all over Texas and the Carolinas. Not many people can say that! [DISCLAIMER: Could not have done it without the love and support and $$$ help from my family]
6. It's just plain FUN. Yes, it's hard work and long hours [I don't think you understand long hours]. But it is so fun. The events are fun, working with coaches and sports are fun, and yah - the office might be super tense most of the time, I'm doing what I love.
5. Constantly Learning. If you know anything about me, I love sports. I also love learning - so much so that I gladly went to Grad School and would gladly go again! It's the mindset of increasing your knowledge in a topic and hopefully, becoming an expert on it. I am certainly not an expert on marketing or sports for that matter - but I am constantly learning, and that's what I love about it.
4. Its go Go GO. I am a fast paced person and that is something that I admire about myself. Apathy is not in my vocabulary. I do like my occasional lazy days and nights off watching Law and Order or NCIS, but I am most of the time running like a lady with her hair on fire. Everything ALWAYS works out, but needless to say its fast paced and a multi-tasking
3. Season Turnover. Everyone likes the seasons. It's change, it's new beginnings, it's refreshing. And its one of my favorite things about sports. I know that during Football, I have 8 home games [MAYBE] and then its over. Basketball gets a little longer, and then its my favorite time of year - Baseball! There is nothing better then after a LONG year of sports to know that you will end it on top, with Baseball.
2. Creativity/Grassroots - I know what you are probably thinking, what the heck is grassroots? It is a term coined for marketing to people in their everyday lives - door to door. It's taking posters and schedule cards to people at their work or standing in the middle of campus telling people about the upcoming games. It's interactive and I love it. The other part of this is you always have to have energy and creative new slogans/mini-campaigns. Which means, everyday you are trying to come up with the next best-most interactive thing! And I love that.
1. Sports Family. I love my coaches, coworkers, and interns. They make my days! Every sport dynamic is different, but everywhere I have worked there are people that surround you that are in the same busy hectic lifestyle you are... and that is where we find solace. And I love it!