photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Friday, June 10, 2011

Ms. Worry Wart!

Today I have really been searching the Word for a peace about troubled times.  No I am not without food, shelter or clothing - so I am more privileged and well-off than over 75% of the world.  However, my heart is not peaceful right now - I am not completely happy and I am worrying about something - which I can't tell you because I don't know what it is.

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and been stressing out about something only to realize that you are stressing about some fight or test that was occurring in your dream? That is how I feel right now.  Am i stressing about something stupid?  Am I worrying about something non-existent... something is wrong in this picture.

So I searched the scripture with a prayerful heart - and this is what I found...

When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer - Psalms 94:19

But I urge you - if you are feeling like I am... read Habakkuk - all 3 chapters!  It is amazing!
Habakkuk is completely trusting God even though God has pretty much told him that He will destroy Judah.  Here are the verses that stuck out to me:

Habakkuk 3:2,16c,18

2.  Renew them in our day, in our time make them known, in wrath remember mercy.
16c. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us
18. yet I will rejoice in the Lord - I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Habakkuk affirmed that even though life was going to be hard he would wait for the hardships and he would wait patiently on them.  I know I have said it before and I will continue to say it -

PATIENCE IS NOT MY VIRTUE>

I don't think about it, I don't do it, and I am NOT good at it.  But Habakkuk says not only is he going to wait on the protection and mercy and love of the Lord, but he is going to wait PATIENTLY on the calamity - that is the BAD STUFF! holy cow!  are you kidding me... so by canonizing this book - is God telling me that not only do I need to wait PATIENTLY on the desires of my heart but on the calamity to happen in my life?

And then 2 verses later Habakkuk says when nothing makes sense, when I don't even have the strength to continue - I will rejoice in the Lord - and be joyful in God!

I am a girl - so as you can imagine - Cinderella is someone I aspire to be.  I want to get married and have kids and be successful.  I also want to timidity that Cinderella has - let's just be honest - it's not going to happen.  However, it is a desire of mine to be married one day - hint: ONE DAY and have children.  I am learning slowly right now that I must CONSTANTLY rejoice in the LORD everyday in the little things in life - because it might not necessarily be my time right now - but if I continue to rejoice in the Lord - he will do what David talked about in Psalms 94:19 (above) He will give me comfort and a renewed hope and cheer.

None of us are completely worry free - however, God's presences gives us the comfort and the strength that we need to bounce back, sometimes not immediately, but when doubt fills our mind - God is there READY TO COMFORT US!  Today, I hope I have enouraged you to lean on God - no matter what life throws at you!  Pour your heart on Him and He will comfort you and bring you back to that Charmed Bliss!

The joy and hope of the Lord be with you always!

Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment