photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Monday, June 6, 2011

Trust In The Day!


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16,18
I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:8

The presence of God is a reality that we can experience. He is the God who is there. Unfortunately, we can go day after day and never be conscious of His reality. Leanne Payne in her book “Listening Prayer” writes, “It is especially easy for modern people to regard the supernatural world and activities as somehow less real than the world we behold with our senses. As twentieth-century Christians, we live in a materialistic age in which our systems of learning have long based their conclusions on scientific truth alone. The presuppositions of such systems have misled many generations of students, blinding them to the truths of God and the Unseen Real.” 

Paul says that he did not lose heart because of the reality of fixing his eyes on what is unseen. The unseen reality of God renewed his heart, day by day. 

David said he was not shaken by life’s experiences because he experienced God at his side. 

How about you? Is God’s presence a reality in your life? Do you renew your heart day by day because of the reality of His presence in your life? It’s not too late. Start today to experience His reality. Spend time with God, talk to Him, ask Him to reveal Himself to you. 
This has become ever more real to me because I am entering a new time in my life.  I am about to become a Baylor Bear and because of that - I am so nervous.  
I am nervous because not only am I moving away from everything I have ever known - I will be alone!  I do not know anybody.  I don't know whether or not this is what God really wants from me; but I do not  know if Baylor is where I am supposed to be but I trust that no matter where I am God will use me and I will be completely in his will.  Do you believe that?  

I hope you do.  I pray that God will continue to show me the unseen and what is real and eternal.

Check out what I found!  Perfect for today!


Charmed Bliss
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment