photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Monday, October 3, 2011

This is how my week is going to pan out:

Monday - Wednesday - Work and Class
Thursday - Drive home to see Tiger Tunes
Friday - Laura Leigh's Homecoming Game
Saturday - Ouachita's Homecoming Game

I CANT WAIT!

It is going to be a great weekend!  I need to take some pictures of my puppy, Baylor.  He is absolutely adorable!  I am in love with this cute ball of love.  I am going to get his shots today and I know he will not be happy with me - so we will most likely make it to PetSmart afterwards and get some doggy treats and maybe a cute outfit to wear this weekend to the games.  He is so cute how he follows me around.  Baylor is a papillon - and I am sure I will blog about him one day.. very soon.




Love my pup!


So I am ready a book right now with some friends called Not a Fan. by kyle idle man

It's encouraging!

Let me give you a piece of advice, encouragement, and maybe even motivation from the second chapter of the book:

Most of us don't mind Jesus making some minor change in our lives but Jesus wants to turn our lives upside down.  Fans don't mind him doing a little touch-up work, but Jesus wants complete renovation. Fans come to Jesus thinking tune-up, but Jesus is thinking overhaul.  Fans think a little makeup is fine, but Jesus is thinking makeover.  Fans think a little decorating is required, but Jesus wants a complete remodel.  Fans want Jesus to inspire them, but Jesus wants to interfere with their lives.

Imagine going to a wedding and watching a groom on his wedding day look at his bride, and with a tear in his eye he speaks words of devotion..."forsaking all others until we are parted by death."  You're moved by his words and the decision he has made. BUt imagine if the next week you find out that while the newlyweds were away on their honeymoon the groom was unfaithful to his bride.  Suddenly those words would hold no value.  They would be worthless.  You would conclude that those words he emotionally expressed and publicly declared meant little because they were not validated by faithful commitment.

We tend to define belief as the acceptance of something as real or true - but biblical belief is more than just an acceptance, it is a commitment to follow - it calls for movement.  

There is no salvation without surrender.  There is no life without death.  

I hope that this is all very encouraging.  Because it was to me.  God is going to interfere with your life and right now - I would like nothing more than to be with my sisters and my family in Little Rock.  I really believe that my relationship might have worked out if I had not come to Waco.  But that's not what God called me to do right now.  He wants me in Waco.  He wanted me to leave what was comfortable for some reason - but I am making a difference here and I will follow God.

Be charmed and be blessed today!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment