photo ScreenShot2013-04-22at120758AM_zps96d49433.png facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramlinked inrss feeds

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Beginning and the End

The end of the week was a good, productive one. After spending the night with Rachel I went and ate breakfast with man lil man Ryder and his mom Kati. We had a great conversation about life, boys, and of course my favorite SCENTSY! Katis blog is katisgetaway.blogspot.com go check it out!! She blogs about Ryder and he is truly a one of a kind precious little boy!






That afternoon I went and had lunch with my family at Panera and then took my cousin (and miss arkansas Princess) Jessica to see Winnie the Pooh. I have been dying to see it and really wanted Taylor to take me, but when I thought about it I thought it would be a great day date for me and my little girl!! It was soo cute! She is one of a kind and has my heart!




Thursday night I drove to East Arkansas to see Taylor! We went to Genes BBQ with Papa Ron it was really good food! I have so much fun with him!! Here are some pictures of Moro! It is definitely Gods country! I love driving to east Arkansas because I love seeing Taylor and going to his house but I love seeing all of the farmland! It's fun for me.














How beautiful!!




I haven't posted about cupcakes in a while - so I thought I'd show you one of the books I found, but did not buy, at Barnes and Noble today! Instead I bought Grace of Lineage by Francine Rivers. Itdocuments and tells the stories of 5 women in the bible and how god blessed them though their circumstances. I'm excited to get started reading it.

I initially went in to see if they had Beth Moore's study Living Free. I wanted to do a short study in between moving churches to Waco. Have you done it? If so, let me know how it is! I'm excites about it.

I watched Fireproof again Thursday night and then scene skipped to the middle on Friday and watched the back half! I love it.

I have been thinking a lot lately about prayer, what I pray for, who I pray for, and if I really pray constantly. Prayer is one thing I struggle with because I usually pray for ME. that is so selfish! I've been really convicted about praying for others lately and in turn my problems don't seem so large. I'm blessed truly, and for my prayers to sound like I need this and this and change this - just seems wrong that I tell the god of the universe what I need! He knows! Instead I should be praising him. I was on my way to st Louis last night and a song came on the radio... It sang Yahweh Yahweh I shout your name - or something like that. Do I ever shout Gods name? I should. And I probably don't do it enough!

One of my biggest fears on going to Baylor is that I will be alone. I know I will miss my family and friends and this special guy ;) It's inevitable - but I find solace in the verse genesis 2:18 - it's not good for man to be alone. God wants me to find friends and o impact others lives for his glory! My mission going to Waco is to change lives and impact others. I want my time there to be worth it and to be glorifying to God.

I write my blog and share with you some intimate desires and longings in my heart because Proverbs 27:17 says we are to be iron sharpening iron and to be besides each other through life. I want to share so that you might be encouraged.

Today be charmed!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment